Food For Thought

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Food For Thought

Postby Paul Creasey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 am

No, Peter!
Not an issue that has EVER crossed my mind.
What I HOPE to sound like is the Mr Creasey of 20 years ago, but probably just a little bit better.
I'm a Musician (well, a Drummer, anyway - cue all the old "Drummer" jokes :roll: ) - not a slave to a particular style of playing.
However, BB is - amongst others - one of the Drummers for whom I hold the greatest regard, and from whom I hope to have drawn some influence.
I really WILL shut up now - honest! :oops:
Regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Postby petercreasey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 am

Watch it folks there's people about with opinions........ scary things opinions
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby roninnes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Constructive criticism should be taken in a positive light providing as Jimbo says the giver themselves can indeed play said instrument.
I have on more than one occasion discussed drumming with other drummers within the Shadowmusic family and have found that we all helped each other both in style and in "what did Tony or Brian do there" questions.

We are at best willing amateurs, semi pro or pro dependent on what we do and I for one am perfectly happy to be in my place providing I meet the needs of the bands I play in and my fellow band members are equally happy with what I do. I know I am not, nor do I want to be, Brian or Tony or Buddy, rather play my style which reflects the people I hold in the highest regard.

Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Previous

Return to The Shadows