Shadows calendar (dream)

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Shadows calendar (dream)

Postby drakula63 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:24 am

I was perusing ebay yesterday evening and, perhaps inevitably therefore, I had a strange dream last night in which I discovered a Shadows calendar at one of those pop-up calendar shops that usually appear in the autumn. Anyway, I can't remember anything about said calendar, apart from the fact that it was pretty basic and I remember thinking "I could do better than this."

Anyway, I was thinking about it this morning and it suddenly occurred to me that the Shads made TWELVE original studio albums for Columbia/EMI during the 1960s and 1970s. So, this would be just perfect for a 12 month calendar; each page featuring one album. Maybe each month could also feature some smaller photos taken during the relevant year and a bit of trivia, etc. The front cover could, perhaps, feature the cover of either The Shadows Greatest Hits or The Shadows 20 Golden Greats.

OK, it's unlikely to happen... but I don't think any of us were really expecting the nice surprise that we got back on May 1st. Anyway, I'd buy it - and maybe more than one copy too!

The Dreams I Dream, eh? :D
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Shadows calendar (dream)

Postby John Boyd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:39 am

That's a great idea. I'd buy some too. Let's hope someone might take it up .
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby GoldenStreet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 am

drakula63 wrote:
OK, it's unlikely to happen... but I don't think any of us were really expecting the nice surprise that we got back on May 1st. Anyway, I'd buy it - and maybe more than one copy too!

I like your idea. This is a company that I have dealt with in recent years, which could possibly advise on the feasibility of such an undertaking. Perhaps it might be worth making contact with them...

https://www.allanandbertram.com/contact-us/

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Postby drakula63 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm

If I had the money (I'm not sure what it would cost, but probably more than I have at the moment!), I can assure you that I would make 100% certain that it happened. I imagine it would be possible to produce a private (not for sale) calendar using any images one liked, but to do it commercially would be expensive.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Teflon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:24 pm

drakula63 wrote: …………. I imagine it would be possible to produce a private (not for sale) calendar using any images one liked, but to do it commercially would be expensive.

Very possible, no more expensive than a shop bought calendar, and every bit as good in terms of quality :D . I've done it numerous car calendars along these lines in the past.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby bosunbob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 am

This type of thing when issued prior to Christmas is called an Advent Calender.
In producing one of these being Shadows specific, may run foul of somebody's copyright protection.
If one was made to use at home, then I imagine, as suggested in an earlier post, that this would be commercially harmless.
Just don't try knocking any of at a car boot sale though.
bosunbob

Return to The Shadows