Shadows tour anniversary

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shadows tour anniversary

Postby Twilight Ranger » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:06 am

The Shadows gave a concert in Helsinki on April 18, 2005. I was there, of course, and I still have the ticket.
"I have travelled the world through my ability to play three chords." - Bruce Welch
Twilight Ranger

Full Real Name: Lassi Vakkilainen

Postby shadowriter » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:44 am

[quote="drakula63"]I never really noticed anything, sound-wise, that bothered me. From a punter's point of view, it all sounded brilliant. The band themselves are always going to be the most critical of their sound - and rightly so, you may say.

Me too, never noticed and I've watched it so many times.
For me, it's just about being in the moment and reliving a great memory of a great show.
Don't look for anything wrong, just love the music and the fantastic stage presence of the Shads.
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Postby iefje » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am

I did notice the distortion when I first watched the DVD, but it never bothered me. I do think Hank's guitar sound was better on the 2009 tour than on the 2004 tour.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby bgohara » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm

shadowriter wrote:
drakula63 wrote:I never really noticed anything, sound-wise, that bothered me. From a punter's point of view, it all sounded brilliant. The band themselves are always going to be the most critical of their sound - and rightly so, you may say.

Me too, never noticed and I've watched it so many times.
For me, it's just about being in the moment and reliving a great memory of a great show.
Don't look for anything wrong, just love the music and the fantastic stage presence of the Shads.

You said it, Norman. The banter was always brilliant. Like on the first night of the Final Tour, Hank said 'I just want to clear something up. You might have heard that Bruce and I haven't spoken in 14 years, actually, it is 15'.
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Didier » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:38 am

iefje wrote:I did notice the distortion when I first watched the DVD, but it never bothered me. I do think Hank's guitar sound was better on the 2009 tour than on the 2004 tour.

It is better on DVDs (and Blu Ray) only because there is not the distortion problem on Hank's guitar. But apart for that, the sound is excellent on the Final Tour DVD, just listen to "Little B" on a good Hi-Fi system at good volume, and you'll see what I mean...
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby gambler » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:48 am

I was at the Cardiff concert and didn't notice anything untoward. Just remember it being a brilliant night seeing the lads again and it was a great atmosphere
gambler

Full Real Name: Russ Williamson

Previous

Return to The Shadows