Shadows Live at the BBC????

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shadows Live at the BBC????

Postby drakula63 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 am

Arpeggio wrote:All will be revealed in due course. Going back to a previous post. I think you are correct about the likelihood of only turn Around And Touch Me and Jungle Jam being replaced, thereby enabling the packaging etc to remain as it is.

I will certainly mention to Tim Chacksfield the possibility of maybe issuing the Marvin, Welch & Farrar material...we can but try to get it out there. But....someone has to decide whether or not it is a commercially viable project.

Intriguing.

Personally, I think that a vol 2 WOULD be a viable project. OK, I'm biased, but at the sort of low price they are charging, I can't see it failing. If we assume that it would contain previously unreleased versions of Dance On, The Boys, Foot Tapper, Frightened City, Flingel Bunt, Nivram and (possibly?) Apache, TAATM and JJ, then I'd pay six or seven quid just for them! Throw in a dozen 'Shadows' vocals (which, in a sense, they are) and you've got a CD that's more than worth the price! Anyway, that's my opinion (second or otherwise!).

Good work! Ta.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Arpeggio » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Chris...you were right...there IS another version of "Apache". I am visiting the BBC archives again soon. New 'old' info coming to light!!! As for a Shadows at the BBC Volume. 2 - it could happen as, apparently, the current CD (in terms of the reissue market) has been a big seller....
Arpeggio

Full Real Name: Rob Bradford

Postby drakula63 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Arpeggio wrote:Chris...you were right...there IS another version of "Apache". I am visiting the BBC archives again soon. New 'old' info coming to light!!! As for a Shadows at the BBC Volume. 2 - it could happen as, apparently, the current CD (in terms of the reissue market) has been a big seller....

Good news all around then.
drakula63

Postby Fenderman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:57 pm

Listening again to the BBC CD and this CD really shows what a fantastic drummer Brian Bennett is. His playing on some of these tracks is amazing (as always).
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby JimN » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Stand by for early-ish news of a revised CD...
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby drakula63 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:05 am

JimN wrote:Stand by for early-ish news of a revised CD...

I do believe those pesky critters at Warner Music and the BBC did go and reckon without them there good folk on the Shadowmusic forum. Yessir, I do believe they is cussin in their moonshine having been found out and all.

:D
drakula63

Postby dave robinson » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:22 pm

I had this given as a Christmas present and so pleased that I did. I absolutely love it, even though the much revered 'That Sound' is nowhere to be heard. I love hearing the progression that the band made sound wise and for me it is a breath of fresh air. If there ar any other useable tracks at the BBC I for one would love to hear them. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby MartcasterJunior » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Don’t know if anyone has noticed, but Turn Around And Touch Me and Jungle Jam have now been “fixed” on Spotify. Presumably the same applies to other streaming/download outlets.

Matt
MartcasterJunior

Full Real Name: Matthew Verrill

Postby Uncleboko » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:53 pm

MartcasterJunior wrote:Don’t know if anyone has noticed, but Turn Around And Touch Me and Jungle Jam have now been “fixed” on Spotify. Presumably the same applies to other streaming/download outlets.

Matt

What do you mean by "fixed"?
Uncleboko

Full Real Name: Stephen Giles

Postby MartcasterJunior » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Sorry, they’ve swapped the incorrectly-issued album versions of those 2 tracks for the actual BBC session versions.
MartcasterJunior

Full Real Name: Matthew Verrill

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows