Spectacular rhythm playing!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Spectacular rhythm playing!

Postby ernie1958 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Bojan wrote:My jaw literally dropped as I watched Tommy Emanuel play rhythm in The Savage . . . I don't think it gets any better than this. :o

8-) Practice makes perfect Bojan..piece of cake m8.. ;)
ernie1958

Re: Spectacular rhythm playing!

Postby Bojan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 pm

You know Ernie, you are absolutely right. When I was much younger, in the mid sixties, I played rhythm guitar in a local rock group that initially was heavily influenced by the Shadows. Not only were we musicians influenced, but so were the people who came to listen to us. For example, we played The Savage at a school concert and all the girls were screaming like crazy. I guess they saw the movie too. :lol:

But to get back to our theme, I used to play a mean rhythm guitar myself, and as you say, I practiced a lot. I had a special lead weight that was slightly smaller than a yo-yo and fit into the palm of my right hand as I played the Savage over and over again. I was able to to play that shuffle rhythm much faster than necessary and I even did shuffle syncopation in that furious rhythm. It's all in the wrist. Now, I'm trying to get back into shape and I'll practice until I can play several Savages in a row without my hand becoming paralyzed by accumulating lactic acid to the point where I don't feel it and have no control over it! Actually, I don't even know why I should go to all that trouble, but I will!! :roll:
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Previous

Return to The Shadows