Re: Pete Korving "New" Tracks & Backing Tracks CD

Postby Brian Leary » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:43 pm

http://www.kunaki.com/

I've used this company then sent to CDBaby & Amazon
Brian Leary

Postby ScouserJoe » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Graceland52 wrote:No Problem Alan

The price for this CD, (and also for CD3, see http://www.graceland52.eu) is 45,00 euro, and an extra 3,00 euro for package and postage.
So al together 48,00 euro.
For this price you have 30 tracks and 30 excelent backing tracks on CD.

Regards Jan

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong, but is that 45.00 Euro plus postage for each CD ?

If so, then at the current exchange rate ( 1 GBP = 1.10 Eur) that's 40.00 GBP for a CD of 30 Tracks. Sorry, but that's far, far too expensive in my opinion.

Ian
ScouserJoe

Postby petekorving » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Ian

A Happy and healthy new year to all!
(Hopefully 2010 will bring far more better things as 2009 for me personally).

Anyway,
At first sight you'd might think it's rather expensive.
However, as this CD contains 30 BTracks (and it's tracks), we're asking just Euro 1,50 for each track.
Expensive..........you gotta be kidding me, right.....?

For your and all others info: the BTracks are invidually on sale also.
So, you can make it as cheap/expensive as you like.

Okay?

Cheers

Pete
petekorving

Postby asimmd » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:30 pm

I have to agree with Scouser Joe that the price of the full CD is high considering the price
that others charge for their backings.

Also,I think the choice of songs is strange,there are a lot of Shadows tunes that have not been
done as backing tracks,and I would much rather pay for a CD of say 10 Shads tunes I know,rather
than an expensive CD like this with a lot of stuff that I don't know.

I must say that a lot of the Shads tracks on here have already been covered.

With all due respect,it dose'nt matter to me whether Peter is known to the Shadows or not,it means nothing,
and to say there are no other guitarists in Europe of His calibre is just plain wrong.

Not having a go,just voicing my opinion.

Alan
asimmd

Full Real Name: Alan Sim

Postby petekorving » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Suit your self Alan, no hard feelings whatsoever.
Thanks for the compliments.
Keep posting those Shadow Tunes !

Cheers

Pete
petekorving

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:30 pm

I have all Pete's CD's and I can assure you, it's money well spent. :thumbup: I don't have the ability to play along with a lot of the BT's, but listening to the full tracks is most enjoyable. If you know of a better, more expresive player in Europe, let me know who he is and I'll see what CD's he has for sale. ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby tony parnham » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 pm

I'm grateful to Pete and ALL the guys on here who create quality backing tracks for me to play along to, I can't create them myself and anyone else who can't would'nt have anywhere near the choice of material to play along to otherwise. I've personally spent thousands over the years on gear and I have paid JUST £43.98p for 60 tracks on this CD and don't regret it one bit and the reason is 'cos I like the tracks and it's very well done' I could have just bought 1 for around £1.50p that is of course if I only liked the one; you can't do that on the UBHank series. What I'm saying is if you bought all the UBH series and only do half the tracks you've probably wasted a lot more than 49 quid.
Tony
Last edited by tony parnham on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony parnham

Full Real Name: Tony Parnham

Postby Brian Leary » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm

You know, guys here pay thousands on guitars and amps who when purchased need something to play with. You want a plinkity plonk midi track? No of course you don't.

You go to the Rolls Royce of guitar players and 'play like Pete'. You want the best you have to pay==simples.
Brian Leary

Postby tommybird » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm

UB Hank 12-13 years ago cost £36.00, the tab for the same was £25.00 total £61.00.
I was at the time paying £10-15.00 for one professional vocal backing track.
So if you want quality you have to pay.
Cheers Tommy
tommybird

Full Real Name: tommy bird

Postby ghostriders100 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi all I am brand new to this forum and joined in order to get some feed back from PK regarding his backing tracks, I know Pete reads these comments and hope he can explain to me the actual costs involved in getting a BT to my PC. I have read through the other comments and like the offside law it is a touch confusing. I like a lot of the guys didn't ( or in my case couldn't afford) want all of the 30 tracks,not saying that they were not worth it they are very high quality and PK is a very good and gifted guitar player,his version of "I put a spell on you" is so good I had to check out my copy of John Foggety and it compares in guitar quality and his rendition of "Oh Lord Your Tenderness" was top drawer so, that lead me to inquire`about possible purchase prices,this is where I had to make a few enquires because this is far from clear.Jan e-mailed me back saying that it was 45euros plus 3 for postage well in that case I will have just the ones I want then please, okay he says they will be 3.50 euros each,more confused,did this mean song and BT? I don't know, I only want the BT like I assume most people do? I have been left up in the air. I am sure Pete (if you read this) there is a market just for your playing,you are cetainly good enough to market your own CDs and let us lesser mortals trail along playing over your great BTs. I do hope somebody will tell me how to go about getting these BTs ,I have highlighted 10 that I need I just want to know how much? Brian :?
ghostriders100

Full Real Name: brianscottingham

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows