BACKING TRACKS FOR CHRISTMAS CAROLS?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

BACKING TRACKS FOR CHRISTMAS CAROLS?

Postby Squier Ken » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 am

At this time of year I am usually asked to play an instrumental or two, either during a church service or at a more informal service in a local care home. 'Apache' or 'Equinoxe V' seem rather inappropriate so I'm wondering if anyone out there has, or knows of, or could produce, BTs for a selection of Christmas carols. I'm afraid I have neither the equipment nor the know-how to create them myself. Bit late for this year, so it gives me another 12 months to come up with something!

I'd be grateful for any help. Diolch yn fawr (as they say in this neck of the woods...)

Ken
Squier Ken

Re: BACKING TRACKS FOR CHRISTMAS CAROLS?

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am

JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby Squier Ken » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks for that Jim. Problem is that these (and other 'Backing Track' CDs I've found on the web) include the melody line which rather defeats the object. I guess there's too small a niche in the market for Shadows' style Christmas carols!!

Thanks anyway.

Ken
Squier Ken

Postby noelford » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Ken, I was thinking, after our Children In Need gig, when both the Lions and the lady from the council asked if we could do something similar in Aberystwyth for Christmas, it would be a good idea to have a set of Christmas carols and maybe other Chrtistmas material. As you say, it's a bit late for this year, but I should be able to create a decent set of backing tracks for this sort of thing. We can talk about it when I see you on Saturday.
noelford

Postby Squier Ken » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Great stuff Noel! See you on Saturday.

Ken
Squier Ken

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm

Squier Ken wrote:Thanks for that Jim. Problem is that these (and other 'Backing Track' CDs I've found on the web) include the melody line which rather defeats the object. I guess there's too small a niche in the market for Shadows' style Christmas carols!!

Thanks anyway.

Ken

Ken - the Ameritz ones I use don't have the melody line, they're 'proper' backing tracks. I used Frosty the Snowmand & Slade's Merry Christmas Everbody last week at our male voice choir concert & they were perfect.
JimTidmarsh

Postby Squier Ken » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Jim, thanks for getting back to me on this. Sounds like I'll have to give the Ameritz BTs a go. If they're as good as you say it might save Noel a lot of work!

Nadolig Llawen

Ken
Squier Ken

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
JimTidmarsh

Return to The Shadows