WHAT NOW?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: WHAT NOW?

Postby Peter K » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:54 am

Great idea,

a DVD ( maybe double or triple DVD ) featuring all available TV appearances of the band, no matter if in black and white or in color, certainly something I'd order immediately.

Peter K
Peter K

Postby captainhaddock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Peter K wrote:Great idea,

a DVD ( maybe double or triple DVD ) featuring all available TV appearances of the band, no matter if in black and white or in color, certainly something I'd order immediately.

Peter K

I totally agree with the above comment. There are many clips on you-tube that feature old Shadows performances, but it just isn't the same as owning your own copy on DVD is it. However if the powers that be fail to loosen the grip,so to speak, the fact that material is out there to be watched, should be allowed without sanction.
captainhaddock

Postby Bojan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Maybe now they could do something completely different -- they've done Fenders, they've done Burns; so how about an all new guitar lineup -- with Gibsons!!!! Or even better, Gretsches!!! Now that would be something!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby George Geddes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 pm

My understanding is that Bruce investigated the possibility of a historical DVD some years ago but found the cost of licensing the available clips to be prohibitive. The Thunderbirds extract was £1000+ for one number.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby RayL » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:46 am

A trade magazine I was reading today mentioned £15 / second for use of broadcaster's library material.

Ray L
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby Fenderman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:07 pm

£15 a second???? That's way to expensive!
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby DaveB » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:42 pm

What I would like ... now that Cliff and the Shads ( or just the Shads) have bundles of energy ... is a new self-penned album in a creative style...none of this TV album stuff.

MWF, Shades of Rock, Rockin' with curly leads, I'm Nearly Famous come to mind.

Come on lads.. give us another going away present!
DaveB

Postby captainhaddock » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:14 am

DaveB wrote:What I would like ... now that Cliff and the Shads ( or just the Shads) have bundles of energy ... is a new self-penned album in a creative style...none of this TV album stuff.

MWF, Shades of Rock, Rockin' with curly leads, I'm Nearly Famous come to mind.

Come on lads.. give us another going away present!

Hear Hear! I second that motion , however due to the very muted response to "Guardian Angel" and the disapointment the band felt after making the effort to make something fresh, I think we will be disappointed. :(
captainhaddock

Previous

Return to The Shadows