Anyone remember Hank fronting a show in the late 90s?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Anyone remember Hank fronting a show in the late 90s?

Postby bgohara » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Just putting this out there.

Does anyone remember Hank fronting a late night one off tv show (I think it was part of a series) in the late 1990s - maybe 1998 or 1999 where he was presenting some of his favourite music?

I remember that he linked between videos of

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
The Police - (think is was roxanne or message in a bottle)
His own version of Heartbeat (recorded live in 1995 in Birmingham)

It also featured his favourite year for music - he chose 1979.

Of particular note was that he picked Paul Simon's 'You Can Call Me Al' as one of his favourite songs - and then he was superimposed dancing with paul simon and chevy chase! It was just pure genius - Hank acting the wag!! He mentioned that he had never met Paul Simon but would really like to.

I had taped this at one point but was recently going through my old videos transferring them onto DVD and couldn't find it anywhere! I wonder if anyone else remembered this, or even had a copy?

Many thanks,
Bernie
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Re: Anyone remember Hank fronting a show in the late 90s?

Postby Scath » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes I remember this and may have on my collection of dust gathering video tapes.Some day I may go thru them.I seem to remember it was an ITV series on late with a different host each week doing as u mention.
I seem to remember that he named Paul Simon as one of his favourite guitarist which kind of surprised me -but there we are.

If I ever come across the video I will let u know.
Scath

Postby bgohara » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Philip - that's the show! It was a different host each week and was a late night itv show as you say.
Never heard anyone ever mention it before.
Let me know if you even manage to dig it out - would love a copy.

Many thanks,
Bernie
bgohara

Postby Moderne » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:53 pm

I don't remember that. Would love to see it.
Does anyone remember Hank presenting a 2-hour episode of Star Special on Radio 1 in 1980. I've got a list of the songs he chose somewhere. He also presented an episode of Sounds of the 60s on Radio 2 around 1985 (as did Bruce, Jet and Jerry Lordan) in the years between Keith Fordyce and Brian Matthew. I've got the Hank and Jerry episodes on cassette somewhere.

Clive
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Postby bgohara » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Moderne wrote:I don't remember that. Would love to see it.
Does anyone remember Hank presenting a 2-hour episode of Star Special on Radio 1 in 1980. I've got a list of the songs he chose somewhere. He also presented an episode of Sounds of the 60s on Radio 2 around 1985 (as did Bruce, Jet and Jerry Lordan) in the years between Keith Fordyce and Brian Matthew. I've got the Hank and Jerry episodes on cassette somewhere.

Clive

very interesting, Clive - thanks for that. It's amazing what lies hidden in the archives!!
Bernie
bgohara

Return to The Shadows