Crowd unrest at the o2 !

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Crowd unrest at the o2 !

Postby SELEDA284 » 30 Sep 2009, 23:00

Hello Mary......... thank you for your contribution to this topic....... what a shame you're Hank concert was spoilt........ from what has been written in posts here it seems like it is a common occurence whenever Cliff makes an appearance........ what a shame those fans didnt just sit back & enjoy listening & watching Hank & his band & get their money's worth out of their ticket price instead of rudely nattering all through until 'he' appeared..!!!!!! The mind boggles at such disrespect !!!!
Some tickets for various concerts have become available & 'advertised' on here by other members, so maybe you will still get to see a concert in your home town.......
Best Wishes
SELEDA284

Postby iefje » 01 Oct 2009, 08:17

Mary wrote:I attended one of Hank's solo concerts at Symphony Hall in the 90s and Cliff made a guest appearance towards the end of the show. My enjoyment of that concert was ruined because Cliff fans surrounding me spent the whole time talking until Cliff came on stage. Even when I asked them to be quiet, so I could listen to the music, they refused. Some Cliff fans are a law unto themselves and they don't care about anything so long as they have a good time.

I was disappointed not to be able to get a ticket for the reunion concerts (it's the first time in over 30 years that I wont see The Shadows in Birmingham) but now I think I will enjoy the DVD more.

Best Wishes
Mary

I have had similar experiences. Those kind of fans don't think they do anything wrong. If you ask them politely to cooperate, they just respond with a rude answer. If they think they feel left out because of you, all hell breaks loose.
iefje

Postby David Martin » 01 Oct 2009, 09:11

The crowd in Nottingham was very well behaved overall... one or two rows front centre stood up for some Cliff numbers, and everyone on the floor stood up for the encores...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby kittycph » 01 Oct 2009, 18:04

I was pleased with my seat at The O2 Friday night, when I discovered all the front rows on the floor was standing up.
I think they should buy tickets to the upper tiers. They have to be brave to stand up there. ;)
Then people who wants to sit can have the seats on the floor.
I guess, if it was ment to stand up on the floor, there wouldn't have been seats.

At the few Cliff and Shads concerts I have attended in Denmark, no one was standing up for the whole concert.
But I have not been to a Cliff concert for many years. Lots of women are being very selfish, when they grow older, so perhaps thats the reason.
I still look forward to the concert in Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark.

( I also gave up recording at PreShadowmania last year, because a lady was dancing in front of my camera.)
kittycph

Postby GeorgeWeston » 04 Oct 2009, 14:54

The first (and last!) time I've experienced this was at a Brian May concert at the Colston Hall in Bristol.
We made the mistake of buying stalls tickets and from the moment Mr May came on stage, everyone stood up and stayed that way for the whole concert.
We learned from this experience and from that time onwards always get seats in the circle, gallery, whatever - preferably in the front row!
GeorgeWeston

Postby dogbender » 04 Oct 2009, 14:58

My tickets for the NIA tonight state that people around me may stand.
Pete
dogbender

Previous

Return to The Main Board