Let's Rock The Jukebox in North Notts

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Re: Let's Rock The Jukebox in North Notts

Postby dave robinson » 04 Oct 2009, 14:29

Hey Peter, the total playing time was two hours forty minutes - I know 'cos I've just watched the VTR and we're in the middle of the inquest . . . . . . :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby petercreasey » 04 Oct 2009, 16:13

dave robinson wrote:Hey Peter, the total playing time was two hours forty minutes - I know 'cos I've just watched the VTR and we're in the middle of the inquest . . . . . . :lol:

See time goes quick when your havin' fun :thumbup:
petercreasey

Postby Tony Szpala » 04 Oct 2009, 21:06

Dave

Just to echo and endorse what David Martin and Pete Creasey have said about the show.
Also, Emily (my future daughter in law) and son Chris are very much looking forward to "Pastmasters" playing at their wedding next May - even more so after seeing you all in action last night!

Best Wishes

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com

Postby David Martin » 05 Oct 2009, 07:27

dave robinson wrote:Thanks David, it was good to see you and Barbara as well as half the Creasey clan (Sheffield division) and Tony Szpala and his family, amongst many other familiar faces that I can't put names to, but had seen at Shadows concerts back in 2004/5.

Riders In The Sky WAS too fast as I joked after we had finished it and we enjoyed the 'debriefing' in the dressing room taking the piss out of our drummer Johnny Riley who admitted openly that he'd momentarily 'lost the plot' - it's an age thing you know and I too lost the plot on two or three, but it's live music and we're in good company from what I've seen of the clips on UTube from THE tour . . . . . ;)

I'd forgive Mr Riley pretty well anything (apart from that full head of hair!)... his drumming is dynamic without being overwhelming, and his vocals, both lead and harmony, were excellent.

Here's to Rock The Jukebox in Lincoln, Newark, Melton Mowbray...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby Paul Creasey » 05 Oct 2009, 09:28

"In LINCOLN".......................tell me more!

Regards
Paul
(Creaseys - Lincoln Division)
Paul Creasey

Previous

Return to The Main Board