Let's Rock The Jukebox in North Notts

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Let's Rock The Jukebox in North Notts

Postby dave robinson » 24 Sep 2009, 17:22

Just a note to let anyone not going to see Cliff & The Shads that we are performing our little theatre show 'Let's Rock The Jukebox' at the Acorn Theatre in Worksop on Saturday October 3rd. Come and join the fun and see Alan Jones in his new role as our bass player. 8-)
Details here ; http://www.acorntheatre.net/whats_on/let-s-rock-the-juke-box.html
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Re: Let's Rock The Jukebox in North Notts

Postby petercreasey » 25 Sep 2009, 10:08

Booking the tickets today Dave..... it's right what they say.... he'll play with anyone that Jonesey!!!
See ya there
Peter, Kim & Charlotte :D
petercreasey

Postby Tony Szpala » 26 Sep 2009, 12:27

I had the pleasure of hearing "Pastmasters" in a club in the Chesterfield area recently. The venue was not ideal- odd shaped stage which resulted in John the drummer being stuck in a corner at the back of it.
However, to say they were superb, even under these circumstances, is an understatement (my wife prefers then to Cliff and the Shadows!). The club compere had to assure the audience that they were playing live!! A number of encores followed and needless to say the club immediately booked them for another gig.
Vocal harmonies were first class and instrumentals up there with the best of them, including the Shadows. Pastmasters have got a sax/clarinet/flute
player who adds an extra, and very professional , dimension to the band.
To anyone who has not seen "Pastmasters" I can unreservedly recommend them. I'll be going next week with a full entourage of people.

Best Wishes

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com

Postby dave robinson » 27 Sep 2009, 12:28

Thanks folks, looking forward to seeing you all. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » 02 Oct 2009, 09:49

Went to the theatre Tuesday to check out a few details and although it looks like being a good house, there are still some tickets available and I'm advised that it's OK to turn up on the night. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby David Martin » 02 Oct 2009, 10:46

We're coming too, Dave... see you there!
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby dave robinson » 02 Oct 2009, 12:07

It'll be good to see you both David. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby David Martin » 04 Oct 2009, 08:46

Well folks we had a really good evening listening to Robbo and his mates - including the immaculate Alan Jones. Loved the venue too, and look forward to a further development of the RTJK format... Eddy, Holly, Cochrane, Cliff, Shads, Tillotson, Everly Bros. Beatles and many more...

Splendid!

( Riders In The Sky was too fast... :lol: This is not a sly dig at anyone here :o , or indeed there :geek: )
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby dave robinson » 04 Oct 2009, 12:34

Thanks David, it was good to see you and Barbara as well as half the Creasey clan (Sheffield division) and Tony Szpala and his family, amongst many other familiar faces that I can't put names to, but had seen at Shadows concerts back in 2004/5.

Riders In The Sky WAS too fast as I joked after we had finished it and we enjoyed the 'debriefing' in the dressing room taking the piss out of our drummer Johnny Riley who admitted openly that he'd momentarily 'lost the plot' - it's an age thing you know and I too lost the plot on two or three, but it's live music and we're in good company from what I've seen of the clips on UTube from THE tour . . . . . ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby petercreasey » 04 Oct 2009, 12:51

Great show Dave, A collection of some of the best musicians ( in their price range! :lol: ) the only thing that when too fast was the time 2 hours is not long enough.
See ya next time
Peter Kim & Charlotte
petercreasey

Next

Return to The Main Board